Monday, March 23, 2009

who i am........

yes, i am a survivor, that goes without saying. breast cancer AND domestic violence. what's really weird, is that dealing with breast cancer was so much easier than dealing with my marriage. i can honestly say that the disruption cancer has caused me can't begin to compare to the absolute chaos caused by living in a violent relationship.

i am mother, daughter, sister, aunt and friend. i take all of these titles seriously. i carry the burdens of my friends because i love them. my children are a blessing from God. i am grounded in life because of my parents. i am never alone because of those who call me sister. i am surrounded by the youthful energy of my nieces and my nephews. what more could a person ask for?

i am a complex creature full of idiosyncrasies and paradoxes. i embrace all of the parts of me and am in the process of pulling them back together. it is exciting to find those areas that have been buried for so long. buried for too long. i travel the path less taken and make no apologies for doing so. i am conservative and yet love to embrace my non-compliant side!

i am a person of faith who believes in a savior who loved me enough to give his life for mine. oh yeah, did i mention i am NOT politically correct? i don't consider myself to be religious at all, but my life is structured around a belief system that will never be shaken by the complications of daily living. it is the opposite i find to be true, the complications of my life have strengthened my belief system.

i could go on and on......but then what would i blog about! as this blog progresses, so will i. and in time we will all know more about who i am........





No comments:

Post a Comment